Job Description for Linen and Uniform attendant
POSITION TITLE: LINEN AND UNIFORM ATTENDANT
REPORTS : Linen room Supervisor
The role of this position is to issue uniforms and linen to staff according to systems and the procedures laid down by the hotel management. Also takes inventory and control movement of soild, damaged and fresh linen and uniforms.
LINEN ATTENDANT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Places linen and uniforms in containers for transport to laundry.
- Sort’s items and counts and records number of items soiled.
- Examines laundered items to ensure cleanliness and serviceability.
- Sends torn articles to the seamstress for repair.
- Stores laundered linen and uniforms on shelves after verifying numbers and types of articles.
- Issues linen and uniforms, which are both to be exchanges on a clean-for-soiled basis only.
- Counts and records linen to fill requisition.
- Check periodically the condition of hotel linen and uniform.
- Should know basic tailoring works.
- Periodic inventories of linen and uniform.
- Ensure that the linen and uniforms are neatly and systematically arranged and stacked.
- Give on the job training for new joiners.
- Receives, sorts and double checks conditions of all linen and uniforms, records all outgoing and incoming from the laundry thoroughly before storing and issuing.
- Separates linen or uniforms that need repair and / or special treatment and forward it to the tailor and/or Laundry Manager for immediate action.
- Make available equipment/cleaning materials generally required for effective output.
- Distributes cleaning rags on a dirty to clean basis.
- Inform Senior Supervisor Linen and Uniform of any problem areas that may occur down the chain of authority.
- Assist Linen Room/Uniform Supervisor in checking quality and quantity of all new incoming textiles to ensure they meet the Hotel’s specifications and provide new incoming stocks with accurate stamps.
- Ensure high standard of cleanliness the Linen and Uniform Department.
- Reports to the Linen Room/ Uniform Supervisor when stocks reach the minimum for order purposes.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with established company policies and procedures to achieve overall objectives of this position.
- To understand and strictly adhere to the Hotel’s Employee Rules & Regulations.
- To Report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag at all times.
- Performers any other duties as assigned to him/her by management.